Join Us for Worship
Sunday Worship - 10:00 am
Sunday school - 11:15 am
909 North Landing Road
Rochester, NY 14625
Trinity Reformed Church is a blended congregation that has served the Rochester area for over 160 years. Our roots go back to the founding of First Reformed Church of Rochester in 1852 to serve the Dutch-speaking immigrants in Rochester. Our congregation today includes former First Reformed Church and Brighton Reformed Church members.
Trinity Reformed Church, (formerly named Second Reformed Church) was founded in downtown Rochester in 1886 as a mission of First Reformed to serve the English-speaking children of Dutch immigrants. After many members began migrating to the suburbs after WW II, Second Reformed purchased property on Landing Road North in Brighton, heralding the move to the former Indian Landing School, in 1953. Over the next 11 years, a $180,000 building project added a new sanctuary and office wing, remodeled the old school house, and completed the parsonage next door. The new sanctuary was dedicated on Sunday, October 11, 1964. The Schantz pipe organ was completed in 1965. In 1967 the congregation of Second Reformed voted to change its name to Trinity Reformed Church. Our facilities have more recently been updated with the addition of a lift and a handicap accessible bathroom.
After First Reformed Church closed in 1995, the congregation of First Reformed entered into a covenant with Trinity, reuniting the two bodies as one church.
In 1891, Brighton Reformed Church was founded as Brighton Chapel to serve the Dutch-speaking people in the area. This again was an outreach mission of First Reformed Church. In 2015, the congregation of Brighton Reformed Church merged with Trinity. With this second blending, Trinity and Brighton had come full circle back to their roots as missions of First Church.
Each blend has brought the gifts and talents of another group of Christians to the congregation and has enriched our ability to do ministry and mission.
Trinity continues to offer a variety of opportunities for Christian worship, fellowship, education, and service to a vibrant and changing community.